- I started with a 140 lb weight watercolor panel and then die cut the T.
- With a wide rough brush (I used a house painting trim brush) I applied a layer of gesso and then dried.
- Using a Carved Pumpkin mini distress ink cube I dabbed orange on the panel in random locations.
- I sprayed Iridescent Shimmer Spray to the panel which moved the distress ink around a bit and then dried with a heat tool.
- I added another layer of randomly dabbed Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink which I again activated with the shimmer spray and then dried.
- I then mixed gesso with Mermaid Lagoon distress ink and applied with a strip of cardstock for a rustic feel. I then tinted the gesso a bit darker with the same distress ink and applied a bit more with the cardstock strip. This way I have two shades of aqua on the card which I think gives added interest. Dry.
- I dabbed a bit of Versamark ink on the panel, sprinkled on gold embossing powder and rubbed off most of it so that there were just touches of gold on the panel. I heat set.
- I die cut the thanks die from turquoise card stock.
- I added the T panel to a cream colored A2 cardbase and glued on the sentiment.
This thank you card was so fun to make! There is a gorgeous shimmery sheen that does not photograph well, but the card just glows in person.
I am also playing along with:
Simon Says Stamp \”Layer It Up\” I used 7 layers of gesso, distress ink, shimmer spray, embossing powder plus two die cut layers.
I am so glad that you stopped by!