Don’t you just love bright summery colors? I’ve been thinking about making a shimmery rainbow hued tag set and I thought now was the perfect time. Recently, I started making my own glitter cardstock, and I have been loving the subtle sparkle it adds to my projects!
The process is easy and fun…all you need is some ink and Altenew Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray.
How To Make Your Own Glitter Cardstock
- I taped some watercolor paper to a hard board and brushed water over the surface with a #18 brush.
- Next, I mixed Altenew Dye Inks with Iridescent Shimmer Spray (no water was added) and I painted the mixture on the wet watercolor paper. I wanted an intense color so I applied three layers but I didn’t bother to let it dry in between.
- I stamped, colored and die cut a bunch of floral elements from Altenew’s Doodle Blooms stamp and die bundle.
- I let my shimmer panels dry overnight so that they would die-cut well, but you could speed up the drying with your heat tool.
Next, I die cut my tags using the largest finned die from Altenew’s Terrific Tags die set and worked on my layouts
To finish off the cards, I added an Enamel Dot to each flower center.
The background is so pretty in person but it’s hard to see the sparkle in the photos so I added a quick video below:
Adding twine or ribbon is easy: Double the twine and poke the two ends through the hole. Next, slip the ends through the looped middle and then pull flat. Neat, easy and functional.
I love how the tags turned out so I’ve included some closeup photos.
There is a detailed list of the inks, supplies and enamel dots used below.
The tags are so happy and cheerful together and I think they would make a great gift for a friend.
- Ocean Waves + Dusk from the Cool Summer Night Collection
- Coral Berry + Cotton Candy
- Orange Cream
- Puffy Heart + Purple Wine + Cosmic Berry from The Rose Petal Collection
- Grass Field
Stamps, Dies and Supplies:
- Doodle Blooms stamp and die bundle
- Terrific Tags
- Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray
- #18 Brush from the Artists’ Watercolor Brushes Bundle
Enamel Dots Used:
Thanks for stopping by!