Don’t you just love bright summery colors? I’ve been thinking about making a shimmery rainbow hued tag set and I thought now was the perfect time. Recently, I started making my own glitter cardstock, and I have been loving the subtle sparkle it adds to my projects!
How To Make Your Own Glitter Cardstock
- I taped some watercolor paper to a hard board and brushed water over the surface with a #18 brush.
- Next, I mixed Altenew Dye Inks with Iridescent Shimmer Spray (no water was added) and I painted the mixture on the wet watercolor paper. I wanted an intense color so I applied three layers but I didn’t bother to let it dry in between.
- I stamped, colored and die cut a bunch of floral elements from Altenew’s Doodle Blooms stamp and die bundle.
- I let my shimmer panels dry overnight so that they would die-cut well, but you could speed up the drying with your heat tool.
Next, I die cut my tags using the largest finned die from Altenew’s Terrific Tags die set and worked on my layouts
To finish off the cards, I added an Enamel Dot to each flower center.
The background is so pretty in person but it’s hard to see the sparkle in the photos so I added a quick video below:
Adding twine or ribbon is easy: Double the twine and poke the two ends through the hole. Next, slip the ends through the looped middle and then pull flat. Neat, easy and functional.
I love how the tags turned out so I’ve included some closeup photos.
There is a detailed list of the inks, supplies and enamel dots used below.
The tags are so happy and cheerful together and I think they would make a great gift for a friend.
- Ocean Waves + Dusk from the Cool Summer Night Collection
- Coral Berry + Cotton Candy
- Orange Cream
- Puffy Heart + Purple Wine + Cosmic Berry from The Rose Petal Collection
- Grass Field
Stamps, Dies and Supplies:
- Doodle Blooms stamp and die bundle
- Terrific Tags
- Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray
- #18 Brush from the Artists’ Watercolor Brushes Bundle
Enamel Dots Used:
Thanks for stopping by!