I started by making a background using Altenew’s Narrow Brick Stencil. I mixed Texture Embossing Paste and Shimmer Spray which I then tinted with diluted purple Watercolor from the 36 pan set. I repeated this and added diluted pink watercolor to a second pile of embossing paste. I then ran this over the stencil in random locations. The two colors of brick are the same colors I used on the flowers.
On two panels of watercolor paper, I brushed on bold watercolors from the 36 pan set. I dried the panels and added a second layer so I had really saturated color. Above is a photo of the three panels I used to make this card.
I started by making pale pink and green Gel Press prints for my flowers and leaves. The branch is cut from a copper gel print because I thought brown was too plain.
I also wanted a bright fun background so I made my own glitter paper. First, I taped some watercolor paper to a hard board and brushed water over the surface. Then I mixed Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks with Shimmer Spray (no water was added) and I painted it on the watercolor paper. I wanted an intense color so I applied three layers but I didn’t bother to let it dry in between. The background is so pretty in person but its hard to see the sparkle in the photos so I added a quick video below.
I die cut the blooms/leaves and then, using a bone folder, I molded and shaped them.
I started with a 140 lb weight watercolor panel and then die cut the T.
With a wide rough brush (I used a house painting trim brush) I applied a layer of gesso and then dried.
Using a Carved Pumpkin mini distress ink cube I dabbed orange on the panel in random locations.
I sprayed Iridescent Shimmer Spray to the panel which moved the distress ink around a bit and then dried with a heat tool.
I added another layer of randomly dabbed Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink which I again activated with the shimmer spray and then dried.
I then mixed gesso with Mermaid Lagoon distress ink and applied with a strip of cardstock for a rustic feel. I then tinted the gesso a bit darker with the same distress ink and applied a bit more with the cardstock strip. This way I have two shades of aqua on the card which I think gives added interest. Dry.
I dabbed a bit of Versamark ink on the panel, sprinkled on gold embossing powder and rubbed off most of it so that there were just touches of gold on the panel. I heat set.
I die cut the thanks die from turquoise card stock.
I added the T panel to a cream colored A2 cardbase and glued on the sentiment.
This thank you card was so fun to make! There is a gorgeous shimmery sheen that does not photograph well, but the card just glows in person.