Today, I am sharing how to make easy rainbow die cut cards. And, I’ve got something new….a video! Yes, I created my first video and I’d love for you to watch it.
How To Make Rainbow Sentiment Cards
These cards are are quick to make and very eye-catching. I love bright happy colors and with watercolor brush markers you can make a high impact card in a short amount of time.
- Altenew Watercolor Brush Markers – Spring Garden Set
- Altenew Simply Thank You Die
- Altenew Happy Birthday Die
- Altenew Mega Hello Die
- Altenew Feathered Friends Die
- Altenew Instant Dimension Foam Tape
- Altenew Enamel Dots
- Altenew Mini Blossum Die Cutting Machine
- Altenew #18 Brush
- Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils
- Bearly Art Liquid Glue
- Bristol Cardstock
- A2 Cardbases
You can watch the video below or click HERE to watch it on YouTube.
Tutorial on My Watercoloring Process:
- I started by brushing water on Bristol Cardstock.
- Using watercolor markers, I start at the bottom and add lines of rainbow color aiming for loose 1/4″ inch bands that are not precise or particularly even.
- I add water as needed to complete the panel.
- Let the panel dry and then die cut your sentiment.
- Cut an additional sentiment from white cardstock and then glue to the back of the rainbow die-cut.
- Cut a white background band for the sentiment and then adhere to an A2 card base with foam tape.
- Use liquid glue to adhere the sentiment to the white background band.
- Embelish with enamel dots.
The Thank You and Birthday Cards were created with the Watercolor Brush Markers.
The Hello card below was watercolored with Derwent Inktense Pencils.
I always love bright and happy and I think I achieved that with these three cards. You could also achieve a similiar look with ink blending gradients. Altenew has new Fresh Dye Inks that were recently released.
I’d love to hear what you thought about my video and these cards.
See ya next time!