Just playing and experimenting today. I got the idea of making a bright colorful background inspired by crazy quilts.
- I started by painting a freehand grid using acrylic paints. No measuring, just eyeballing it. I was aiming to have each grid be about 1 1/4″ X 1 1/4″. Since I was playing, I custom mixed the colors.
- Next, using Derwent Inktense pencils, I outlined each square in one or more colors. I also added some colored pencil squiggles, doodles and shapes.
- A bit of stamping came next.
- And I knew I wanted several colors of paint splatters.
- Using Posca Pens, I added dots and other marks.
- To finish the card, I stamped this whimsical tree from Paper Artsy on the background and then again on white cardstock. I fussy cut the trees and used foam squares to add dimesion to the project.
- The sentiment is from Waffle Flowers: Rainbows Stamp Set.
This card was so fun to create! As always, thanks for stopping by!