I used an assembly line method which I write about below. For my Mother’s Day card I used the following:
- Bird of the Woods Bundle
- Majestic 3 D Embossing Folder (I used Neenah 80 lb. cardstock to emboss)
- 48 Ink Cube Set
- I wanted to make a bunch of cards so I set up an assembly line. I cut cardstock panels to fit in my Misti Stamping Tool and stamped one bird on the left, rotated the panel upside down, reinserted the panel and then stamped a second bird on the clean half.
- I stamped my outlines with Pigment Ink for a nice dark outline and let them dry overnight so there was no risk of smearing. You could also heat set to speed up the process.
- I then positioned the layering stamps in two Mistis. I was careful to line up the stamps so I could then stamp quickly. I put the first layering stamp on the left in Misti 1, the second layering stamp went on the right in Misti 1 and the third layer went in Misti #2. This way I was able to stamp all the cards in assembly line fashion.
- I repeated this technique with the two layering stamps for the bird’s head.
While I had my supplies out, I made a companion birthday card.
- Colors used for stamping the birthday card: Peach Perfect, Orange Crush, Brown Paper Bag, Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake.
- I made a sparkly custom background by mixing Volcano Lake ink with Shimmer Spray. I applied three layers to wet watercolor paper. You can’t see the shimmer in the photos but it is beautiful in person.
- Altenew Essential Sentiment Strips
I have a blog post with two other bird cards HERE.
I am so glad that you stopped by!