Glitter and shine….sometimes it is fun to add a little sparkle to a card! Today I used some Glitter Cardstock to make an ultra girly card. I used glitter cardstock as the bottom layer on my blooms, flower centers and sentiment. I created this card to be part of Altenew’s Educator Instagram Hop and we’d love for you to “hop” along with us. You can start at @altenewllc and my IG hande is: karens_mini. Hope to see you!
- I started by creating my own color palette with watercolors. I took two full sheets of 9 x 12″ watercolor paper, taped them to hardboard panels and then applied watercolors (3 pinks, 2 yellows, 2 oranges and 4 greens) with Altenew’s 36 Pan Watercolor Set and an 18 Brush. I let the watercolor dry and then added a second layer for vibrant color. I let the panels dry overnight so they would die cut well.
- The flowers and leaves are from one of my all time favorite die sets: Altenew Craft-A-Flower Cosmos Layering Dies.
- The next morning I die cut the bottom floral layers from Altenew’s Pink Brilliance Glitter Cardstock. The bottom layer from the flower center was cut from Gilded Glitter Cardstock. The top two floral layers and greenery were die cut from the watercolor panels that dried overnight. I assembled the blooms with liquid glue.
- For the background, I applied Embossing Paste over Altenew’s Narrow Brick Stencil and then let the panel dry.
- The sentiment was die-cut from Altenew’s Essential Sentiment Strips.
I think the end result is a happy cheerful birthday card that I can’t wait to give my friend. Thank you for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Cardmaking with Glitter Cardstock”
GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS! And those colors are dreamy. Wonderful choice. 💜 Feliz Navidad and warm hugs from San Antonio, Texas. 🎄❄⛄🎅🎄
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Marisela, I appreciate your kind words!