Hello, hello and welcome! I am excited to share a couple of cards that I made after taking Demystifying Mixed Media at Altenew Academy. I think I can safely say this is the most fun class I\’ve taken to date. Tania Ahmed is a wonderful and inspiring instructor and I went crazy making backgrounds! I made 7 cards and 8 backgrounds, two of which I am showcasing in this blog post. I will be sharing the rest of the cards in future posts.
- I mixed Zig Cobalt Blue with water and Irridescent Shimmer Spray and then dipped a piece of Bristol cardstock into the colorful puddle. I dried the panel and then repeated.
- I tinted my Embossing Paste with Carved Pumpkin distress ink for a fallish vibe.
- I swiped the embossing paste over my stencil with a palette knife. I wanted a rough look so I didn\’t cover the entire stencil and I made sure there was a variety of thickness to the paste.
- While the embossing paste was wet, I sprinkled just a bit of Peach Embossing Powder on the paste and then heat set. I love the texture and interest it adds.
- I heat embossed Altenew\’s Best Mom spray (in brown) and then watercolored and die-cut the image.
- I applied texture paste through the Feathered Leaves Stencil and then heat set.
- Using diluted watercolors mixed with shimmer spray, I loosely colored the background in blue and yellow.
- Using a damp paint brush, I feathered the watercolor edges and then dabbed with a cloth to soften the edges.
- I added blue, yellow and black paint splatters.
- I stamped, watercolored and die cut the Weekend Doodles floral spray.
- I cut an oval from some tulle gift wrapping ribbon and glued to the back of the floral spray and then adhered the combo to the card base.
- I added a simple sentiment embellished with Painted Grid Washi Tape.
Creative Artiste\’s Mixed Media Challenge I used paint, shimmer spray, embossing paste, embossing powder and of course paper.
The Flower Challenge #49 \”Circles\” I love the textured circles on this background.
UPDATE: The top card won at The Flower Challenge \”Circles\” Challenge