Hello, hello and welcome! I am excited to share a couple of cards that I made after taking Demystifying Mixed Media at Altenew Academy. I think I can safely say this is the most fun class I\’ve taken to date. Tania Ahmed is a wonderful and inspiring instructor and I went crazy making backgrounds! I made 7 cards and 8 backgrounds, two of which I am showcasing in this blog post. I will be sharing the rest of the cards in future posts.
- I mixed Zig Cobalt Blue with water and Irridescent Shimmer Spray and then dipped a piece of Bristol cardstock into the colorful puddle. I dried the panel and then repeated.
- I tinted my Embossing Paste with Carved Pumpkin distress ink for a fallish vibe.
- I swiped the embossing paste over my stencil with a palette knife. I wanted a rough look so I didn\’t cover the entire stencil and I made sure there was a variety of thickness to the paste.
- While the embossing paste was wet, I sprinkled just a bit of Peach Embossing Powder on the paste and then heat set. I love the texture and interest it adds.
- I heat embossed Altenew\’s Best Mom spray (in brown) and then watercolored and die-cut the image.
- I applied texture paste through the Feathered Leaves Stencil and then heat set.
- Using diluted watercolors mixed with shimmer spray, I loosely colored the background in blue and yellow.
- Using a damp paint brush, I feathered the watercolor edges and then dabbed with a cloth to soften the edges.
- I added blue, yellow and black paint splatters.
- I stamped, watercolored and die cut the Weekend Doodles floral spray.
- I cut an oval from some tulle gift wrapping ribbon and glued to the back of the floral spray and then adhered the combo to the card base.
- I added a simple sentiment embellished with Painted Grid Washi Tape.
Creative Artiste\’s Mixed Media Challenge I used paint, shimmer spray, embossing paste, embossing powder and of course paper.
The Flower Challenge #49 \”Circles\” I love the textured circles on this background.
UPDATE: The top card won at The Flower Challenge \”Circles\” Challenge
4 thoughts on “Multi Media Cards With Loads of Gorgeous Texture”
Lovely cards. Fabulous backgrounds, delicate colours and pretty floral stamps.Thank you for joining in with our October challenge \”Anything Mixed Media Goes\” at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x
Such beautiful cards Karen! I esp. love the one you entered for 'The Flower Challenge' it's fabulous, love how you embossed the circles, so clever, such a pretty flower spray too 😉 Viv DT xx
Karen, you have done an outstanding job! Bravo! Your cards look exquisite! Tania is going to be so proud of you.Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.
Ohhh I do so love both of these cards. Fantastic design and colouring. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam