I was so pleased to learn that I passed my Level 1 Final Exam Project so I am able to start on Level 2. The first course I took in Level 2 is Beyond Basic Backgrounds. My two favorite lessons were Perfect Spacing and Water Bleaching. Lydia Evans had great projects and tips and I was inspired to create a pattern stamped background. These rainboots are a favorite stamp and I thought they would make a cheery get well card.
- I made an \”X\” on my panel by using a clear ruler. I lined up the top edge in the upper left corner and the bottom of the ruler in the bottom right corner and then I drew a light pencil line. I repeated this from top right to bottom left.
- I then stamped my boot in the center of the X so I could decide how to space the rest of the images.
- I chose to space my lines 7/8\” apart, so I used my ruler to draw lines parallel to my first \”X\” 7/8\” apart.
- Once my grid was complete, I started freehand stamping with an acrylic block by placing a boot in the middle of each intersection.
- Once the ink was dry, I used a good eraser to erase my grid and then Copic colored in a variety of colors.
- I finished by adding a black heat embossed sentiment strip and mounting on a fog A2 card base.
After studying my card, I wondered if the spacing was too close so I decided to make a second card adding an additional 1/8\” so that my grid lines were 1\” apart. I was surprised to see that 1/8\” really changed the layout of the card! On the second card I added a die cut sentiment that fit in between the boots.