Altenew just released their July Subscription Kits and they are wonderful! For this blog post, I created two projects using the Craft Your Life Project Kit: Always Sunshine and Craft A Flower: Garden Rose.
If you want to make a showy “Wow” project, you’ll want to try the July Craft Your Life kit. The flowers, leaves and vines are gorgeous! The Craft Your Life Project Kit comes with a 6 x 8 Stamp set and its coordinating Die Set, Stencil, and Embossing Folder. You will want to buy the kit becuase the items included in this kit are not sold separately.
I started by diecutting a template for my stamp. The main stamp is large and to ensure I had it positioned correctely, so it would die cut well, I set the stamp inside the template in my Misti. This little extra step makes for a much better finished project. Next, I stamped the outline with pigment ink and let it dry. I then used the coloring stencils to ink blend the flowers and leaves. I wanted a bit of fresh white so I didn’t use every stencil layer. I just love the look of coloring with stencils. To finish, I used the layering stamps to add detail and then die cut. This is a big stamp, so using foam tape, I attached the die cut to a 5″ x 6 1/2″ panel. The stamp is so beautiful that I kept the rest of the card clean and simple.
- Altenew Craft Your Life Always Sunshine Project Kit
- Altenew Crisp Dye Inks: Cotton Candy, Coral Berry, Rubelite, Mango Smoothie, Warm Sunshine, Orange Cream, Firefly, Green Fields
- Altenew Mini Blending Brushes (These clean up better than my other brushes)
- Altenew Obsidian Black Pigment Ink
Altenew’s Craft-A-Flower kits are favorites that I use frequently. This month kit has roses, which are a classic. And, I LOVE the leaves in this month’s kit! I know I will be pulling the leaf dies out to use with future die kits.
I die cut my roses from pinks from two of Altenew’s designer paper packs and the background is from a just released 3D Embossing Folder. The “keyholes” make lining up the die-cut layers so easy!
- Altenew Craft-A-Flower Garden Roses Subscription Kit
- Altenew Always Sunshine 3D Embossing Folder (This is part of the kit I used above on my first card)
- Altenew Wildflower Paper Pack
- Altenew Enchanting Washes Paper Pack
- Altenew Inked Lotus (Sentiment)
$300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 07/18/2022 for a chance to win.
Blog Hop Order
Thanks so much for stopping by! Caly Person and her bright happy cards are next.