Hello, hello and welcome! We are creating \”Occasion\” cards this week at Watercooler Wednesday and we would love to see your card in our gallery. Heidi is our hostess. I made a Mixed Media encouragement card.
I really like the rustic vintage brick background combined with the heat embossed spray of flowers.
This background was made by hand-dipping the background in diluted die ink and custom tinting my embossing paste.
- I mixed brown ink with water and Irridescent Shimmer Spray and then dipped a piece of Bristol cardstock into the puddle. I dried the panel and then repeated.
- I blended my Embossing Paste with brown ink for the bricks.
- I swiped the embossing paste over my stencil with a palette knife. I wanted a rough look so I didn\’t cover the entire stencil and I made sure there was a variety of thickness to the paste.
- While the embossing paste was wet, I sprinkled just a bit of brown metallic embossing powder on the paste, wiped most of it off and then heat set. I love the texture and interest it adds.
- I heat embossed Altenew\’s Best Mom spray (in brown metalic) and then die-cut the image.
I am also playing along with:
Tic Tac Toe I chose diagonal top right to bottom left. Brown, ink blending and metallic.
UPDATE: I was so pleased to see my card was a Team Pick at Tic Tac Toe.
I am so pleased that you stopped by!
7 thoughts on “WWC299 – Heidi\’s Challenge: All About Occasions”
Absolutely adore this card, Karen – that background looks amazing and I love the outline flower atop too!! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!
Hi, I saw your card on the TTT challenge and just wanted to stop by to tell you how much I like it! That flower stamp/die is one of my favs. Amazing background for it.
Beautiful card! Love the textures and layout! Thanks for sharing over at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.
Gorgeous card and I really love the contrast of the mixed media background with the black and white flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!
Love your background,fabulous colours too.xxx
Just gorgeous, Karen! I love the way you've used the various mixed media! Who would have thought a card featuring browns would be something I'd love so much!!! Take care! 🙂
Wow, Karen. What a great mixed media card! I love the various colours and textures. The layout is absolutely perfect. Thanks so much for being part of the team.