Hello, hello and welcome! We are creating \”Occasion\” cards this week at Watercooler Wednesday and we would love to see your card in our gallery. Heidi is our hostess. I made a Mixed Media encouragement card.
I really like the rustic vintage brick background combined with the heat embossed spray of flowers.
This background was made by hand-dipping the background in diluted die ink and custom tinting my embossing paste.
- I mixed brown ink with water and Irridescent Shimmer Spray and then dipped a piece of Bristol cardstock into the puddle. I dried the panel and then repeated.
- I blended my Embossing Paste with brown ink for the bricks.
- I swiped the embossing paste over my stencil with a palette knife. I wanted a rough look so I didn\’t cover the entire stencil and I made sure there was a variety of thickness to the paste.
- While the embossing paste was wet, I sprinkled just a bit of brown metallic embossing powder on the paste, wiped most of it off and then heat set. I love the texture and interest it adds.
- I heat embossed Altenew\’s Best Mom spray (in brown metalic) and then die-cut the image.