Hello and welcome! I am so pleased to be hosting this week\’s \”Masculine Challenge\” at the Watercooler Wedenesday Challenge. My husband\’s birthday is coming up and this is the card I created for him. I was going for a playful summery card.
- I started out by inkblending over a stencil to create the background panel.
- I then ink blended another small panel for the circle die-cut inserts. I let both panels dry for a few hours.
- I die cut the decorative wave border and then three circles from a piece of white card stock.
- I then die cut three ink-blended circles from the small panel.
- I stamped, Copic colored and die cut the animals.
- I adhered the white panel to the blue background using foam tape. I also used foam tape to add the colored circle inserts for an inlaid look. I popped on the animals with foam squares and added the sentiment.
My husband loves animal die-cuts so I think he will really like the card.
My Favorite Things Lucky Dog
Simon Says Stamp Stacking Animals
Sugar Pea Designs Element Builder (wave border)
Simon Says Stamp Grid Stencil
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle dies
Bristol Card Stock for ink blending
XPress It Card Stock for the animals
I am also playing along with:
Inspired By “Critters” Challenge My husband loves critters, dog etc. so that is the theme of my birthday card.
AAA Birthday “Tic Tac Toe” I went with bright (summery colors), embossing (sentiment) and masculine (for my husband).
UPDATE: I was so pleased to see my card was selected \”Top 3\” at The AAA Birthday Challenge.
I am so pleased that you stopped by!