- I started out by inkblending over a stencil to create the background panel.
- I then ink blended another small panel for the circle die-cut inserts. I let both panels dry for a few hours.
- I die cut the decorative wave border and then three circles from a piece of white card stock.
- I then die cut three ink-blended circles from the small panel.
- I stamped, Copic colored and die cut the animals.
- I adhered the white panel to the blue background using foam tape. I also used foam tape to add the colored circle inserts for an inlaid look. I popped on the animals with foam squares and added the sentiment.
My daughter has the most adorable Corgi, so I wanted her birthday card to feature her beloved \”Newton\”. I recently purchased the MFT Lucky Dog set so that I would have a Corgi stamp. I thought a clean and simple card with just Newton colored (and emphasized) would be a fun look.
I am happy with the way the card turned out and am entering it in several challenges:
Muse Challenge 271 (focusing on the dog, birthday and \”subjects in a row\” themes)
Thanks for stopping by!
I have two daughters and I wanted to send them each a personalized card. My youngest has blond hair and lives with a 95 pound rescue dog named \”Tank\”.
My oldest has brown hair and lives with the most adorable Corgi named \”Newton\”.
I\’ve entered my card in: Addicted to Stamps Make Your Mark Challenge Link
I used SSS Abby\’s Spring Showers for each of the girls and MFT Lucky Dog for both pups. I colored each card with Copic Markers. I also \”made my mark\” and colored in the sentiment for a brighter look.
Thanks for stopping by!
I have been sending cards to a friend with cancer, but now that his prognosis is terminal, I have changed the type of handmade card I am creating. Get well cards are no longer appropriate, but I still want my friend to know I am thinking about him. My friend loves dogs (and dogs love him!) so I thought this cute Corgi would help brighten his day. I used the MFT (My Favorite Things) Lucky Dog stamp set with the great sentiment \”Just Bepaws I Care\”.
I am entering this card in the CAS on Friday Challenge #132 where the prompt this week is \”Cute\”. Very few things are cuter that a Corgi.
I Stamped the Corgi, colored him in with Copic Markers and then fussy cut the pup. Next, I embossed the sentiment on black card stock. I thought a clean and simple layout would work best so that the emphasis was on the dog and the sentiment.
|Handmade Corgi Card|
UPDATE: Our cute Corgi Card was chosen as a \”Top 3\” for the CAS on Friday Challenge!