Hello and Welcome! Today we are making feminine cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha is our hostess.
I combined two ideas I had, making personalized initial notecards and using alcohol ink on watercolor paper (as opposed to Yupo paper).
- I started by stamping a background stamp onto watercolor paper. I used Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- I added three colors of alcohol ink (sunshine yellow, sunset orange and flamingo) plus blending solution. I blended the colors with a felt blending tool.
- I added some pops of Gold with Jacquard Pinata Rich Gold.
- After my panel was dry, I glued craft foam on the back and die cut the K. The great thing is that you wind up with two cards.
- I made two A2 top folding cards and glued the K on the card base. The K die cut looked a little small so I trimmed one card base down to 4\” x 5 1/4\”.
I really like the cards and plan to make some batches for gifts. I\’ve ordered some additional initials and hope to post some variations in the future.
Altenew Mega Alphabet die
SSS Sketchy Lines Background stamp
Ranger Alcohol Inks
Ranger Alcohol Ink Mini Applicator Tool
Jacquard Pinata Rich Gold
I am entering this card in:
I am so glad that you stopped by…stay safe and stay sane!