- I started by stamping a background stamp onto watercolor paper. I used Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- I added three colors of alcohol ink (sunshine yellow, sunset orange and flamingo) plus blending solution. I blended the colors with a felt blending tool.
- I added some pops of Gold with Jacquard Pinata Rich Gold.
- After my panel was dry, I glued craft foam on the back and die cut the K. The great thing is that you wind up with two cards.
- I made two A2 top folding cards and glued the K on the card base. The K die cut looked a little small so I trimmed one card base down to 4\” x 5 1/4\”.
- I laid a stencil over the watercolor paper and inked it with Versamark ink. Then I heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- Next, I used the three colors of alcohol ink from my collection that best matched the photo. I used felt blenders and blending solution to move the color around. I thought a few pops gold would be nice so I added that at the end.
- After the watercolor panel was dry, I die cut the \”K\” from Altenew\’s Mega Alphabet die collection.
- I made two top folding A2 cards and adhered the panel with foam tape for dimension. The \”K\” die cut was so beautiful that I added it to the second card. Since the \”K\” was a bit smaller I trimmed down the second card to 4\” x 5 1/4.
My card process:
- My first step was creating this fun background. I started by making an alcohol ink background with blues and greens. After the panel was dry, I used Simon Says Stamp Sketchy Lines background stamp with Alcohol Lift Ink to create the striations in the background. I really like the end result.
- Next, I stamped the images, colored with Copic markers and die cut. The monkeys are from Photo Play \”We Bought a Zoo\”.
- I wanted to frame the vignette so I used MFT\’s Stitched Rectangle dies.
- I embossed the sentiment: Simon\’s Says Stamp – Beautiful Ride.
- I adhered the monkeys and frame with foam tape.
Hello there! Today I am hosting Watercooler Wednesday\’s #224 – Karen\’s Feminine \”Anything Goes\” Challenge and I am so pleased you stopped by.
I\’ve been playing with alcohol inks and had some scraps I wanted to use to make into a floral card. I just ordered these fun floral die-cuts (Newton\’s Nook Flower Trio) for this idea.
I started by die cutting the parts to each flower/leaf and then assembled. I wanted a textured background so I used an embossing folder (Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations) on a neutral cardstock panel. I like that there are different sizes of \”dots\” as well as empty spaces. I also diecut my sentiment from an alcohol ink scrap. I added the dry embossed panel to a white A2 card and then added the flowers with foam dots for added dimension. I like this cheery card and it is going to my mom on her birthday. Red is her favorite color so I thought she would like to top bloom.
I am entering this card in Alphabet Challenge \”E is for Embossing Folder\”. I love the texture that embossing folders add to a project.
Thanks for stopping by!
Update: My card was selected as a \”featured\” card.
Hello and thank you for stopping by. I am going to a bridal shower and did some brainstorming. I wanted to make a dramatic alcohol ink background and came up with the idea of using a white wedding dress die cut in a stitched circle spotlight.
The dress is from the My Monthly Hero April 2017 kit, which is a favorite of mine.
I started by making an alcohol ink background with flamingo, sunset orange and sunshine yellow. I set the panel aside to dry and went to work die-cutting the wedding dress and stitched circle frame. After my background panel was dry, I assembled my card and stamped my sentiment. I am very pleased with my card.
I am entering this card in the A Blog Named Hero CAS Challenge.