Hello and welcome! This week we are making feminine cards at the Watercooler Challenge and Heidi is our hostess.
I had a lot of fun making this valentine for my daughter. I started with a piece of wet watercolor paper and then I applied pink, purple, red and a hint of yellow Kuretake watercolors to the panel. I swirled, blended and then heat dried the paint and then repeated the process so I wound up with layer upon layer. Because I added several layers, the watercolor appears much more vibrant than most watercolors I have done in the past. After the panel was nice and dry I die cut a bunch of hearts in three sizes. I stamped the sentiment, played with the layout and came up with this random pattern that I liked. I adhered the hearts with foam tape so there is lots of dimension to the card.
Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigment Paper
Sentiment: Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments
Gemini \”Loving Tags\” dies
I am entering this card in the following:
UPDATE: I am so pleased that this card was chosen as \”A Cut Above\” by The Paper Players Challenge!!!
I am so pleased that you stopped by!