Today is my birthday and I wanted to make a festive floral card bursting with color for spring.
This card definitely has a lot going on:
- I started by stamping the Doodle Buds (by WPlus9) images, then colored with Copic Markers (V17, RV00, RV02, RV04, RV09, Y17, YG67, YG25) and finally fussy cut.
- Next I used a 2 1/2\” punch to cut out a circle near the top of some Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid plaid paper. I wanted to distress it a bit so I used some Hero Arts Moss Ink around the edges and circle.
- I put some craft foam on the back of the Perfectly Plaid panel and adhered it to a lighter green card. Next I used foam tape to add the fussy cut floral pieces.
- The sentiment is heat embossed on black card stock.
- I finished off by adding some Wink of Stella (which didn\’t photograph well) and some sequins (SSS All Hallows Eve).
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
The Card Concept Pineapple Party.
I used the fun festive colors of green, pink and yellow. I am not sure if this card is Clean and Layered or Mixed Media (4 mediums: Gina K Amalgam ink, distressing using Moss ink, heat embossing, Copic coloring)…or a combination of both.
Pink and Main Christmas Mugs was my favorite new (to me) holiday stamp set this year. I stamped the mug, colored with Copic markers, embellished with gel pens (berries, candy and straw) and Wink of Stella on the whipped cream and done! Clean, simple, easy and pleasing to the eye.
The shine doesn\’t show up in the photographs, but the card has a pretty sparkle in person.
I paired this with a bright red envelop, took a couple of quick pictures and am ready to enter some challenges.
Coffee Loving Cardmakers Fall/Winter Blog Hop I cant figure out why, but I was unable to copy their graphic without an error message. Such a fun hop though!
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #459 Sprinkle and Sparkle – Love this bright festive prompt!
Stamping Sensations Winter Sparkle My winter sparkle comes from the Wink of Stella on the frothy whipped cream.
Paper Players Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas Challenge – Love this bright Christmasy inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by!