Hello and welcome! The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge is changing things up during the holidays and we have a three week \”Anything Goes\” challenge. Marsha is our special hostess.
I ordered this adorable Simon Says Stamp Li\’l Gnome die this year and went a little crazy. I made 18 gnomes to put on tags and Christmas cards. I really like this \”glitter\” gnome.
I took a sheet of Ranger Ink Silver Sparkle Cardstock and added alcohol ink. The panel was very pretty. I then die cut the gnome. The beard and nose are cut from leftover scraps from previous ink smooshing projects. I love how the blond beard has orange streaks.
For the background I used a scrap of Lawn Fawn\’s Perfectly Plaid paper. I also die cut a rectangle to act as a backdrop for the gnome. I felt like it looked like a plaid belt with a big white buckle.
I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Hello and welcome! This week we are making \”feminine\” cards at the Watercooler Wednesday website and Dawn is our hostess.
I was in need of some Get Well cards and I thought some daisy paper pieced inlays would be \”feminine\” and fun.
- I glued some Lawn Fawn \”Perfectly Plaid\” paper to cardstock and then die cut with Sugar Pea\’s Element Builder frame.
- I die cut the daisy from Newton\’s Nook Flower Trio from both the plaid paper/cardstock and then white card stock.
- I stamped the sentiment
- I die cut the pink inner flower from a scrap of Yupo paper with alcohol ink.
- Next I inlaid the white daisy, added the pink layer and then added the center from the background.
I really like how the card turned out.
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for stopping by! This week is Watercooler Wednesday\’s All About Occasions Challenge. Marsha is our host. Head over to the website for further details.
I started with Lawn Fawn\’s Perfectly Plaid paper and used a 2 1/2\” circle punch near the top of the panel. Then I distressed the edges and around the circle with Seedless Grape Preserves dye ink.
Next, I stamped Impression Obsession Baby Giraffe
, colored with Copic markers and then fussy cut. I arranged him peeping out of the circle window at a jaunty angle. I added some flowers from Sunny Studio Tropical Paradise and embossed the birthday sentiment. I wanted a bit of dimension so attached the Perfectly Plaid layer to a lavender card base with craft foam and glue. I added sequins, Wink of Stella on the blooms and horns, and Tonic Nuvo Glaze on the eyes. I think the giraffe has a lot of personality and I love using this stamp.
Thanks for stopping by!
Today is my birthday and I wanted to make a festive floral card bursting with color for spring.
This card definitely has a lot going on:
- I started by stamping the Doodle Buds (by WPlus9) images, then colored with Copic Markers (V17, RV00, RV02, RV04, RV09, Y17, YG67, YG25) and finally fussy cut.
- Next I used a 2 1/2\” punch to cut out a circle near the top of some Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid plaid paper. I wanted to distress it a bit so I used some Hero Arts Moss Ink around the edges and circle.
- I put some craft foam on the back of the Perfectly Plaid panel and adhered it to a lighter green card. Next I used foam tape to add the fussy cut floral pieces.
- The sentiment is heat embossed on black card stock.
- I finished off by adding some Wink of Stella (which didn\’t photograph well) and some sequins (SSS All Hallows Eve).
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
The Card Concept Pineapple Party.
I used the fun festive colors of green, pink and yellow. I am not sure if this card is Clean and Layered or Mixed Media (4 mediums: Gina K Amalgam ink, distressing using Moss ink, heat embossing, Copic coloring)…or a combination of both.