Vintage Vibe Mixed Media Christmas Gift Tags
Hello! My post today features a favorite new Spellbinders collection from Cathe Holden called Christmas Flea Market Finds. Cathe included stamps, printed die cuts, paper and stickers and they are SO fun to create with!
I created three mixed media tags with a vintage vibe. For all three tags, I created backgrounds using ink sprays. I mixed Ocean Waves aqua, Shimmer Spray for extra sparkle and a little water spray to slightly dilute the color. I dabbed my tag in the mixture, dried and then repeated two more times.
Next, I worked on my layouts. I knew I wanted to stencil grit paste on one card and I wanted all of the tags to be distressed.
I love the texture and interest that the grit paste adds to the tag.
Two of the cards also include stamps. To get the vintage-look inky blue, I combined denim and brown inks. White paint splatters were added to two of the cards and I thought they added a wintry look.
When I create this type of mixed media project, I love to pull out all my supplies and just start playing. I made a huge fun mess!
Spellbinders/Cathe Holden Supplies Used:
- Christmas Flea Market Finds Jingle Bells Miscellany printed die cuts
- Christmas Flea Market Finds Home For the Holidays Paper Pad
- Flea Market Finds Friendly Society Stamps
- Flea Market Finds Handle with Care Stamps
- Flea Market Finds Layered Vintage Floral Stencil
- Flea Market Finds Etiquettes Sticker
- Ocean Waves Ink Spray
- Iridescent Shimmer Spray
- Pure White Spray (for the white splatters)
- Ranger Grit Paste (for the textured stenciling)
- Ranger Denim Ink
- Ranger Frayed Burlap Ink
- UHU Glu Stick (my favorite glue for paper collage)
- Instant Dimension Foam Tape
- Palette Knife (for applying the grit paste through the stencil)
- Finger Dauber (for distressing with ink)
- Tonic Paper Distresser (for distressing edges)
- Enamel dot for the flower center
- Variegated Twine
Last week, I added a post with Cathe Holden Christmas cards which you can read HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!