Hello everyone, Karen Brown here and I am so happy you are “hopping” with The Altenew Educators! This Altenew hop is all about “new” and I am so excited to show you a technique new to me…paper weaving.
Paper Weaving + Card Making
It is a little gloomy outside so I wanted to make a bright fun project that incorporated paper weaving. I cut my paper strips and then sat by the fire doing my weaving. I think I am already for Spring to arrive!
- I die cut the base for my weaving using Altenew’s Garden Trellis Cover Die.
- I selected 8 colors of cardstock and cut 1/4″ strips with my paper trimmer. I then cut one end of each strip into a point so that it would be easier to weave.
- In rainbow order, I wove all the strips going one direction and then wove the cross pieces.
- I die cut Altenew’s Simply Hello sentiment three times from black cardstock and then glued them together for a substantial looking sentiment.
- I cut a frame using Altenew’s Rounded Rectangles Die and I think the frame really finishes off the card.
- With a paper trimmer, I trimmed the woven panel down and then glued it to the card base. I adhered the frame with foam tape and added the sentiment.
I had a strip of paper weaving left over so I made a quick “Two-fer” Bonus card. The sentiment is Birthday Greetings and the two windows were cut with the die from the Mini Paintbox. I also added three enamel dots to the white space.
$130 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $20 gift certificate to 3 lucky winners and a $15 gift certificate to 4 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 01/09/2022 for a chance to win.
There’s MORE! What’s a hop without YOU?! We have included an Inlinkz at the Altenew blog for you to enter your gorgeous Altenew “New Favorite” creations. We will pick one of our favorite handmade creations from those who joined the linky party and they will receive a $10 Altenew gift certificate!
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 01/10/2022.
Karen Brown You Are Here! 🙂
Didn’t you just love Bridget’s “Hugs” card? Neha is next with some lovely creations.
I really enjoyed weaving this card and I hope you found some inspiration. I love reading your comments so if you have a moment, let me know what you think about my project. Thanks for stopping by!