Hello, hello and welcome! This week we are creating \”occasion cards\” at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and we would love to see your card in our gallery. Helen is our hostess. This week I chose to made a mixed media card.
I love that there are really no rules with mixed media. It seems the best thing to do is lay out your messiest supplies and then select a bunch for each card. Do not be a minimalist when experimenting with multi-media.
The background was made by hand-dipping the panel and custom tinting my embossing paste.
- I mixed Zig Cobalt Blue with water and Irridescent Shimmer Spray and then dipped a piece of Bristol cardstock into the colorful puddle. I dried the panel and then repeated.
- I tinted my Embossing Paste with Carved Pumpkin distress ink for a fallish vibe.
- I swiped the embossing paste over my stencil with a palette knife. I wanted a rough look so I didn\’t cover the entire stencil and I made sure there was a variety of thickness to the paste.
- While the embossing paste was wet, I sprinkled just a bit of Peach Embossing Powder on the paste and then heat set. I love the texture and interest it adds.
- I heat embossed Weekend Doodles, watercolored with my Zig markers and then die-cut the image.
- I added a bit of Painted Grid Washi Tape to the sentiment strip and assembled.
I really like the texture on this card.
I am also playing along with:
UPDATE: I am was pleased to discover that this card was chosen as a \”Top Pick\” at The Mix It Up Challenge!
I am so pleased that you stopped by!
4 thoughts on “WWC297 – Helen\’s Challenge: All About Occasions”
Wow, Karen – just love the texture of the stenciling behind those blossoms!! Beautiful coloring too!!
Love this one Karen! Your background is so striking and a perfect backdrop for that pretty little floral spray! Take care! 🙂
A fabulous card. A super stencilled background and gorgeous floral focal point.Thank you for joining in with our November challenge \”Anything Mixed Media Goes\” at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x
What a stunning card, the stencilled background really brings out those beautiful fussy cut flowers, all painted so lovely. With it's uplifting words I'm so happy you shared it with us @ Creative Artiste. Creative wishes Tracey (DT)