Amaryllis are always a favorite of mine, so I was excited to create a project. For my card, I made all my own papers using a gel press. I made six monoprints for my die-cuts: dark blue, medium blue, light blue (background), green and yellow-green (stamins) and tan.
Once the panels were completed, my card came together very quickly! The buds were very easy to shape for a lovely 3D effect. Both of my cards are 5 x 7″.
Susan’s collection is for the holidays, but I think the flowers are so versatile! I made the Amaryllis into a lovely birthday card by heat embossing my sentiment on the basket.
Die Cut Christmas Cactus Holiday Card
I have a Chistmas Cactus that is 25 years old so I really wanted to create a paper twin using Susan’s kit.! I have no idea how old cacti can live my mine is still hanging in there.
I again made my own gel press prints for this Christmas card. I made a blue panel for the background + two green prints, a pink coral and used the other other half of the tan monoprint for my basket. I added some pink glimmer lacquer to some of the tips for my buds.
I love both of these cards and can’t decide which is my favorite! Thanks for popping in to take a look at my post.
Hello and welcome! There is a lot of \”new\” on the card that I created for this week\’s Watercooler Wednesday challenge. I love ink blending and have been wanting to try Altenew\’s Ink Blending Tool so I recently purchased the large blender and this was my first time giving it a \”go\”. I was immediately impressed by how well the blender worked my background. We are making \”feminine\” cards this week so I went with some fun bright coral, pink and purple for my background. This is a new color combination for me, but I really like it and will definitely use it again.
A while back, I won some stamps from Crackerbox and Suzy and I wanted to use their Christmas tree, which I thought was quite girly too.
I started my project by masking off the bottom of my card panel and then began my ink blending. I created a crude tree mask with a post-it and added white pigment dots with a fun stamp. After that was dry I added the script stamp. I didn\’t want the script to be uniform so I dabbed off some of the ink prior to stamping. Last, I heat embossed the the tree.
What is new for me on this card:
Altenew\’s Ink Blending Tool for the background
Crackerbox and Suzy\’s Christmas Tree Fancy Swirl
The Distress Ink background combo (coral, raspberry, seedless preserves)
MFT\’s Romantic Script (I purchased this months ago but had not used it yet)
Hello and welcome! The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge is changing things up during the holidays and we have a three week \”Anything Goes\” challenge. Marsha is our special hostess.
I ordered this adorable Simon Says Stamp Li\’l Gnome die this year and went a little crazy. I made 18 gnomes to put on tags and Christmas cards. I really like this \”glitter\” gnome.
I took a sheet of Ranger Ink Silver Sparkle Cardstock and added alcohol ink. The panel was very pretty. I then die cut the gnome. The beard and nose are cut from leftover scraps from previous ink smooshing projects. I love how the blond beard has orange streaks.
For the background I used a scrap of Lawn Fawn\’s Perfectly Plaid paper. I also die cut a rectangle to act as a backdrop for the gnome. I felt like it looked like a plaid belt with a big white buckle.
Pink and Main Christmas Mugs was my favorite new (to me) holiday stamp set this year. I stamped the mug, colored with Copic markers, embellished with gel pens (berries, candy and straw) and Wink of Stella on the whipped cream and done! Clean, simple, easy and pleasing to the eye.
The shine doesn\’t show up in the photographs, but the card has a pretty sparkle in person.
I paired this with a bright red envelop, took a couple of quick pictures and am ready to enter some challenges.