Hello and thank you for stopping by! I always love a good scene card and I came up with the idea of \”Monkey Coffee Break\”. Of course my monkeys are mischievous and are fighting over the cup of coffee!
My card process:
- My first step was creating this fun background. I started by making an alcohol ink background with blues and greens. After the panel was dry, I used Simon Says Stamp Sketchy Lines background stamp with Alcohol Lift Ink to create the striations in the background. I really like the end result.
- Next, I stamped the images, colored with Copic markers and die cut. The monkeys are from Photo Play \”We Bought a Zoo\”.
- I wanted to frame the vignette so I used MFT\’s Stitched Rectangle dies.
- I embossed the sentiment: Simon\’s Says Stamp – Beautiful Ride.
- I adhered the monkeys and frame with foam tape.
I think this is a fun card and I am so pleased to be submitting it to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.
I am happy you stopped by!
I wanted to try a girly card in slightly non-traditional colors, in this case, oranges and lime greens. I came up with the idea of a confetti background forming a square with some pattern stamping for the focal point. I used WPlus9 Doodle Buds, Sunny Studio Tropical Paradise and SSS Beautiful Ride floral stamps. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn Year 2 Birthday Turtle.
I colored the images in with Copics and then used the markers to make the confetti background. I then embellished with tiny gem stones on four of the flowers.
I hope you will stop by Watercooler Wednesdays Challenge to see what the other artists have created. This week is Feminine Anything Goes which is such a fun prompt. We would love to see your creation!
I entered this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge \”Add Some Red\”. I used Copic R20 and several shades of yellow-red.
Thanks for stopping by!