In my family, boys/men enjoy humorous animal cards so that was my starting point. I stamped, Copic colored and die cut the animals and greenery. Next I die cut the sentiment and then assembled the scene with foam tape. I thought the monkey swinging from the sentiment was fun.
Photoplay We Bought a Zoo stamps and dies
Mama Elephant Wild Meadow stamps and dies
Lawn Fawn Celebrate Sentiment
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Hello and thank you for stopping by! I always love a good scene card and I came up with the idea of \”Monkey Coffee Break\”. Of course my monkeys are mischievous and are fighting over the cup of coffee!
My card process:
- My first step was creating this fun background. I started by making an alcohol ink background with blues and greens. After the panel was dry, I used Simon Says Stamp Sketchy Lines background stamp with Alcohol Lift Ink to create the striations in the background. I really like the end result.
- Next, I stamped the images, colored with Copic markers and die cut. The monkeys are from Photo Play \”We Bought a Zoo\”.
- I wanted to frame the vignette so I used MFT\’s Stitched Rectangle dies.
- I embossed the sentiment: Simon\’s Says Stamp – Beautiful Ride.
- I adhered the monkeys and frame with foam tape.
I think this is a fun card and I am so pleased to be submitting it to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.
I am happy you stopped by!
Sometimes a funny card is the way to go. These monkeys make me smile so I thought it would be fun to have them swinging together by their tails. They look like they are up to mischief.
I used PhotoPlay We bought a Zoo stamps and dies. I colored in the monkeys with Copic markers and then die cut. I also cut a frame to define the scene a bit better. I used some pretty textured butter colored card stock for the background because I wanted to keep the focus on the monkeys.
Thanks for stopping by!