Hello and thanks for stopping by! Altenew just released a lovely collection of 3D Embossing Folders as part of their Summer Love Collection, and I made 3 very different projects. I started by making a very masculine card using the Fantasy Emblem 3D Embossing Folder. My inspiration was an antique metal medallion.
- I started by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the Fantasy Emblem 3D Embossing Folder.
- Next I tinted white pigment ink with Ocean Waves Crisp Dye Ink. On my craft mat, I dabbed the pigment ink and then Ocean Waves Crisp Dye Ink next to the white and then I mixed the two together. I blended this all over the embossed panel to “age” the cardstock.
- I colored Antique Bronze Distress Crayon on the raised areas and then blended with my finger.
- I die cut my sentiment (Script Words Die) from kraft card stock and then attached my panel to a kraft base.
This card was quick and easy to make but looks so rich in person.
This embossing folder is definitely a new favorite that will work with so many papercrafting projects! Today, I combined Altenew’s Craft-A-Flower: Garden Rose with the very versatile Playful Circles 3D Embossing Folder. The embossing folder adds loads of texture and interest to the card. The embossed panel is very pretty on both sides….depressed and impressed.
- Altenew Playful Circles 3D Embossing Folder
- Altenew July 2022 Craft-A-Flower Garden Rose Kit
- Altenew Enchanting Washes Cardstock Paper Pack
- Altenew Birthday Greetings Sentiment
For my last card I went for a whimsical Shabby Chic look.
- I started by ink blending my panel with Altenew’s Ocean Waves Crisp Dye Ink.
- After the ink dried, I embossed the panel with the Flower Vines 3D Embossing Folder.
- Using a Mini Ink Blending Brush, I very lightly inked the raised floral elements with Dusk Dye Ink.
- I gently applied clear pigment ink to portions of the panel and then sprinkled on Golden Peach Embossing Powder. I brushed most of the embossing powder off but left the powder in and around the embossed crevices. I heat set the powder.
- I inked the sides of the panel with clear pigment ink, applied Golden Peach Embossing Powder and then heat set.
- I die cut my sentiment, Altenew’s Thanks Die, and gently inked the die cut with Ocean Waves Crisp Dye Ink to “age” it a bit so it wasn’t so white. I popped it on a card base and was done.
- Receive a FREE Ultra Sticky Double Sided Tape ($11.99 value) on orders over $79 from 07/22/2022 at 12:01 am EDT until 07/24/2022 at 11:59 pm EDT. The free gift will be added to cart automatically. Find more details on the Promotions page.
$300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 07/28/2022 for a chance to win.
Blog Hop Order
Reiko Tsuchida ***Note: Due to strict regulations in Japan, you might not be able to leave a comment on her blog post.
Karen Brown You made it to the end!
I love all three projects! Thanks for stopping by!