DIY Glitter Paper Background
- I started by making pale pink and green Gel Press prints for my flowers and leaves. The branch is cut from a copper gel print because I thought brown was too plain.
- I also wanted a bright fun background so I made my own glitter paper. First, I taped some watercolor paper to a hard board and brushed water over the surface. Then I mixed Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks with Shimmer Spray (no water was added) and I painted it on the watercolor paper. I wanted an intense color so I applied three layers but I didn’t bother to let it dry in between. The background is so pretty in person but its hard to see the sparkle in the photos so I added a quick video below.
- I die cut the blooms/leaves and then, using a bone folder, I molded and shaped them.
- The flower center is an enamel dot.
- I wanted to anchor the background so I die cut a frame using Spellbinders Essential Rectangles from 80 lb. cardstock.
- I assembled the card with liquid glue (frame) and foam tape for the leaves, blooms and sentiment.
I changed the position of the branch on the second card and also let the background peek around the edges of the frame.
The shimmer is so much prettier in person. I think when I post to Instagram I will do a little reel so you can see the sparkle better.
Thanks for stopping by!